Q. What type of fire extinguisher do I need for my building? 
A. Depends on the risk, extinguishers have the following applications: Class A covers freely burning materials, Class B covers flammable liquids, Class C covers gas risks, Class D covers specific metal fires, Co2 and powder covers electrical risks and Class F covers cooking fats and oils.  

Q. Do I need a fire risk assessment
A. Yes, All companies in the UK must comply with the regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRO). Amongst other requirements, this states that you must have means of warning of fire (fire alarm) escape from fire (fire escapes, emergency lighting etc.) and fighting of fire (fire extinguishers). It is also important to have a fire risk assessment, a written fire safety procedure and to ensure your members of staff have training on how to use fire extinguishers. 

Q. Do I need my fire alarm serviced
A Yes, usually a bi-annual service is required to BS3389-1 2017 and, in certain circumstances, a quarterly visit is required depending on the risks. 

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions, we will be happy to be of service. 

GDPR From May 25th 2018 we are required by law to repsect and protect how we store your personal data. The details we have stored include: Name, Address, telephone numbers and email addresses. All information is stored securely and we do not sell or share any information we collect. You may request to have a copy of the information we hold about you at any time. You have the right to have information we hold about you removed from our database. The information we hold is for our benefit only and to ensure we can provide the best possible service for you continue to be your chosen fire safety speciealists. We will use our data to send our customers service reminders either by post or email. If you wish to opt out of this then you can do so at any time. If you wish to dicuss our privacy policy further then please contact us. Many thanks. 

Trusted Advice

Different industries present different fire risks, and all commercial premises will have unique requirements for fire safety. You can trust the team at Firestop Midlands to advise you as to the right extinguisher for your needs, so contact us today to begin your enquiry and take the first step towards improving fire safety at your premises in Coventry, Hinckley, Rugby and Warwickshire.

Get in touch

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor